Prevention is the best way to manage split ends and breakage in your hair. Yes, unfortunately split ends and breakage cannot be treated with products and treatments.
The best solution to get rid of it is to cut your hair. But it is practically not possible to cut hair frequently, because split ends often occur if we do not take care of our hair.
We suggest a good hair care regimen and some special tips can keep your hair split ends and breakage free for sure.
Here are some tips that can help you prevent split ends and brittle hair:
1. Preconditioning: This helps a lot. Shampoo is not enough for your hair, always apply oil to hair lengths and ends for 5 minutes before washing daily. It will keep hair healthy, soft and free of split ends.
2. Be gentle with brushing: Wet hair is sensitive, avoid brushing right after washing. Always use a wide-toothed comb or a good brush. Handle your hair gently while brushing.
3. Avoid rubbing with a towel: Instead of rubbing your hair hard to dry it, pat it dry with a towel. This will prevent split ends and keep the hair healthy.
4. Avoid Hot Styling Tools: Do not use hot styling tools on your hair frequently. Use your stylers on low heat and apply heat protectant to hair before styling.
5. Gap Between Chemical Styling: Chemical styling should not be done frequently on your hair. Give a decent gap between the two chemical jobs. Take one chemical styling treatment at a time, as color and re-sticking should be avoided in a day.
6. Avoid bands while sleeping: Do not tie your hair with bands and clips while sleeping, if you tend to hair breakage, keep hair open at night.
7. Hair Spa: Doing a hair treatment once a month, especially if you have chemically styled hair, is fine. You can try doing it at home with a homemade hair spa product.
8. Regular Cut: This is the most effective way to prevent and treat split ends and hair breakage. Cut your hair every 8 to 10 weeks.
9. Avoid long hair: Only grow your hair long if it’s healthy. Long hair is high maintenance, so avoid it if you can’t take good care of it.
10. Leave-In Conditioners: Always use a leave-in conditioner on your hair ends before brushing them. This will make the process easier and prevent breakage.
Split ends and breakage can be easily avoided at home. Don’t waste time and money on expensive products and treatments to get rid of split ends, just do what’s right for your hair. The above tips will surely help you to prevent split ends, breakage and many related hair issues.
The opinions expressed above are those of the author.
END OF ARTICLE