Indiana girls arrested for assault after allegedly burning and cutting hair of 12-year-old girl at sleepover, police say

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. –Two 12-year-old Indiana girls have been arrested after they allegedly assaulted another girl at a sleepover.

Even veteran police tenders said it was the first time they had dealt with something like this where the allegations are so disturbing and involve a child and the suspects who are just as young.

Although he couldn’t go into specifics, Logansport Police Department Sgt. Dan Frye said what a 12-year-old girl allegedly endured at a sleepover last weekend was “over- beyond intimidation”.

“Unfortunately I had to watch part of the video and it’s good that we have video, but it’s unpleasant to watch,” he said.

Family members said two girls were holding another as they burned her and cut off some of her hair, WTHR reported.

Police said they arrested the couple. One of them is charged, so far, with assault causing grievous bodily harm, forcible confinement and intimidation, the Cass County prosecutor told the Pharos Tribune.

Police can’t say much else at this point because it’s a juvenile case, which they call “memorable for all the wrong reasons.”

“You know what we can do that day is just give the girl a hug and apologize to her for having to deal with this and we’re going to do everything in our power to see justice be returned,” said Sgt. said Frie.

There are still many unanswered questions in this case as police continue to investigate the incident, however, they said further charges or the juvenile equivalent of criminal charges could eventually be filed. They are also asking anyone with information about the case to call them.

Police said they are working on additional warrants to obtain more cellphone videos.

People magazine reported that the two girls will face a handful of “significant” charges, including grievous bodily harm, forcible confinement, intimidation and interfering with a police investigation.

One of the suspects was released to his parents after his arrest on Saturday.

The other teenager remains in police custody, formally charged with the juvenile equivalents of assault and forcible confinement resulting in grievous bodily harm.